Memory Care from the Organization and People you Trust . . . Introducing The Atwater at McLean
Recognizing that those with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia deserve an enriching, fulfilling life, McLean created The Atwater. Located in a separate neighborhood within the McLean Assisted Living Center, The Atwater provides the environment and the lifestyle those with memory loss deserve . . . and, it provides their families with the security and peace of mind they need.
Our Community . . . Encouraging Openness & Choice.
Unlike most traditional memory care communities, we believe in a less inhibiting approach to care . . . The Atwater provides an environment that encourages openness and choice rather than a closed, locked unit. Our design and approach, coupled with cutting-edge monitoring technology, empowers residents to lead an engaging and fulfilling lifestyle in an environment that is very safe, but not locked and barrier free.
Life at The Atwater Includes:
- A small, intimate neighborhood where residents bond, share and enjoy a family feeling
- Specially educated Care Partners who genuinely care for the residents they serve, provide care, engagement and stimulation . . . sometimes care is one-on-one, sometimes it’s in group related life enrichment programs
- A Program Director with extensive experience in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia ensures residents enjoy a fulfilling lifestyle
- A Wellness Nurse oversees daily care and supervises the specific plan of care for each resident
Our Lifestyle . . . Familiar, Comfortable, Active
- The routine comforts and familiar joys that reassure and help make each day a good day
- Residents’ Individual Preferences is as important as Hands-On Care
- Meaningful, Personalized Programs that Recognize Residents Passions
- Participation in Daily Routines of Daily Neighborhood Life
- Comfortable Country Kitchen and Family-Style Dining Encourages Engagement and Appetite
- Active Family Participation